Transportation & Logistics
From The D.O.K. Insurance Agency
Insurance For Trucks, Towing And Everything Logistics
Our agency works with several top-rated insurance carriers and programs to provide competitive insurance products for every business that helps keep things moving. We are licensed in AZ, CA, CO, ID, OR, WA, and TX but also have nationwide networks that will help your logistics and transportation business stay protected.
With our experience of working with a wide variety of trucking, towing, delivery and other logistics companies, we will provide the expertise and guidance to you to make sure that you will be covered when the worst might happen. We strongly believe in reviewing all potential exposures so you can decide which coverages are important to you.
We offer protection for you and your commercial trucking and transportation needs including auto liability, non-trucking liability (bobtail), general liability, motor truck cargo, and physical damage trailer interchange. We may also want to review the insurance for your office as well as your employment practice liability.
Here are some of the most common coverages we help with:
- Primary Liability—up to $2,000,000 combined single limit (depending on carrier)
- Non-trucking Liability
- Hired Auto
- Non-owned Auto
- Excess and/or umbrella up to $5,000,000
- Medical Payments (PIP Benefits) (where applicable)
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
- Blanket Lessee
- Pollution Buyback
- Collision, Comprehensive or Specified perils
- Aggregate and combined deductibles
- Rental reimbursement
- Gap coverage
- Personal effects for drivers
- Towing coverage
Form Coverages available:
All Risk & Broad Form Policies
- Refer breakdown
- Wetness and dampness
- Loading and Unloading
- Debris removal
- Pollution clean up
- Aggregate deductibles
- Earned freight charges
- High valued commodities requiring limits of $250,000 per vehicle or higher
- General Liability: $1,000,000 Occurrence; $2,000,000 Aggregate
- Commercial Property
- Warehouseman’s Legal Liability
- Surety Bonds
- Workers’ Compensation
- Occupational Accident Coverage
The Top 3 Coverage Gaps We Find Among Transportation and Logistics Policies Are:
- Cargo and on-hook coverage too low. All it takes is for an oversight to find yourself moving a load that goes beyond your limits.
- No Employer Practice Liability or medical coverage or the limits are too low: Truck drivers, especially tow truck drivers, face increased risks daily. Make sure that you and your drivers are protected.
- Not insuring your trucks for the full value. We understand that the temptation to decrease the agreed value on your trucks to save some money on your insurance. However, make sure that saving a couple hundred dollars is worth losing thousands after an accident.